Thursday, May 2, 2013

2013 C2E2

I was in Chicago this past weekend for Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo. I was a little disappointed by the guest list. I really need to start watching Walking Dead and Game of Thrones because those guys seem to be everywhere these days.

The only guests I kinda wanted to see were Felicia Day, Peter Davison, and Adam West. Adam West canceled. I've been to a Felicia Day panel at a different con, and I've met her at yet another con. Even though I'm a big Whovian and I think Peter Davison seems like an awesome guy, I've never seen any of the Doctor Who episodes he's in. So, I wasn't really looking forward to any of the panels either.

I ended up unable to attend neither Felicia Day's nor Peter Davison's panel because I didn't line up early enough to make it in. However, I did end up in a few interesting panels. There was one of "Star Wars Origami," in which we learned how to fold origami light sabers and Boba Fett helmet. There was also Comedy Mutant, a stand up show featuring Brian Posehn, Myq Kaplan and Mike Drucker -- I thought Myz Kaplan did a fantastic job; my favorite out of the three. And I also went to a panel "Writing for Comics" that actually helped me a lot in understanding how to write in general. I wanted to go to "Writing for Television" but that one was on the first time slot on Saturday, which meant that it was too early for me. I kinda regretted it a little, seeing how much I enjoyed the "Writing for Comics" panel.

I saw a really good Ood cosplay, but it was too crowded for me to take a picture. There was also a guy cosplaying Spike, but I lost him in the crowd before I could get a pick. He even had a fake cigarette in hand! Some cosplayers that I actually got pictures of:

Hanging out at Starbucks

Love this Jack Skellington!!

After attending this particular con, I really wanted to: a) Start reading comic books, and b) Take this whole being a writer thing more seriously. I went to Free Comic Book Day this past Saturday so (a) might start happening soon. (b) would take more time and effort, but I need to read more to be able to be a better writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment