Sunday, October 16, 2011

My first Con!

I went to the New York Comic Con yesterday and it was amazing! We weren't there long. Arrived at around 2 p.m. and left by 8.30 p.m. because we were tired. Sleeping more than 3 hours the previous night would have helped. But it doesn't matter; it was so freaking exciting just to be there!

Walking out of Port Authority in New York City, I already felt it. You'd see A LOT of people wearing graphic t-shirts, mostly of superheroes, and with their Comic Con passes around their necks. I got excited just seeing that.

Once we got to the venue though, the first thing I noticed was how crowded it was. The second thing was, all the cosplayers, and how amazing their costumes were! I should have taken pictures. These people are just awesome. I was too scared to drain my iPhone's battery that I kept it in my pocket most of the time. And now I'm regretting it. Anyways...

I know I'm not the biggest comic books/anime/video games fan, and I wish I was, but it was such an amazing atmosphere that I just loved being there. Walked around the booths, and then went to the autographing tables where we met Jewel Staite, Felicia Day and Sandeep Parikh. :)


[Jewel Staite: I love my captain!]
She asked me to spell my name and half way through writing it, she said, "you know, I think you're the first Daphne I've ever signed for!" And me, being the lame and awkward self, just gave her a silly grin and said, "awesome." But then, I recovered quite quickly and told her "well you're definitely the first Jewel to sign anything for me," to which she smiled. When she handed me the autographed picture, I was so excited about what she wrote and blurted "I love my captain, too! Thanks."

Sandeep and Felicia were at the same table. The line for their table was so long that we weren't sure we were gonna get it. But it's Felicia Day and I really wanted to! So we did, and I am so glad that we did.

[Sandeep Parikh: I know where you live!]
Silly me; I was so excited about meeting Felicia Day that I completely missed what Sandeep wrote. I would have said something if I saw it. But, I don't know, it would probably be something lame and awkward too, so maybe it was a good thing? I almost asked him if the Seat Savers could get us into The Avengers panel, but Felicia said "hi" to me and that was that. I was definitely star-struck by her.

[Felicia Day]

Felicia was the only one who didn't ask me to spell my name. She was so sweet and nice and pretty, just as I imagined her to be. She apologized to us that she was rushing us because she had to go to the Dragon Age panel. It was probably 15-20 minutes before the panel, and there were still quite a few people on the line but she was nice enough to take pictures with us. I was stupid enough to not bring my Dr. Horrible DVD for her to sign but her photograph is good enough. Plus, there's always next time! :) I really wanted to say something about The Guild to her but she was rushing and I was starstruck so I was blanking so we just walked away. Walked away happy.

[Me and the awesome Felicia Day! <3]
I really wanted to ask Sandeep to be in the picture with us but he was talking to the next person in line, so...

And then we tried to go to The Avengers panel. Stupid decision to not just sit there the whole day. By the time we got there, about 1.5 hours (which is another panel) before the panel started, no way of getting in. I was extremely disappointed, because I was THAT close to the biggest movie of next year (or just the new clips they showed in there) and couldn't get closer. *sadface*

All in all, it was a great day. Now that I've been to one Con, I really don't wanna miss the next ones! And now that I know more, I will definitely plan it better next time, and just sit at the theater all day for a panel that I really wanna go to!

No comments:

Post a Comment