Wednesday, July 6, 2011

So...

Haven't posted in a while, but I've had A LOT going on lately!

Mid-May, I graduated from college, then my parents bought me my first car. And then I got my driver's license. Then I went with my family on a 10-day trip to California for my brother's graduation, and also for my last summer break probably ever. Then I got back and about a week later, I started my first job! The Friday of that week, I moved into my apartment. So yeah, that's what have been up with me lately.



First off, job. I was so freaking nervous when I got in! I mean, I didn't know anything before I got there. Even though I was hired about 6 months prior. I didn't know what time I had to be there; I didn't know what to bring; I didn't know what to wear. Yeah, I wasn't ready. Got there just before 9 because no one told me, work day is 8.30-5.30 there. Met everyone, though I probably remember only half of their names (sorry!) and yeah, it was pretty overwhelming. It's a huge software that they have there and I have to learn it! At least now I know that if I change some stuff on Eclipse, something on the web changes too. I still don't know how the software works in the real world. I'm quite surprised that they let me do some coding on my second day. And it was pretty exciting! Haven't done much, but I did finish a couple tickets (though they're probably gonna be sent back to me for some mistakes). Now I know that at all these companies, when you see those little changes in a new release that doesn't really impact the whole product, it's for training those new hires. Just some small enhancements here and there. But whatever, I did something!

And apartment. Well, it's a nice, roomy studio apartment. Bost almost everything from Ikea. Because I love having to assemble everything myself! Plus, it's cheaper than most places and they deliver right to the room. It really was fun, though very tiring. The apartment is pretty empty but it'll do for now. When I've saved some money, I can go get more stuff.

Mama and Moti are still staying here with me for a couple more nights. We're going back to Tante Philia's on Friday and then they're going back home on Sunday. :( Let's hope I get to go home some time next year!

And I really, really hope that this whole "life" and "work" thing works out well for me here. Enjoying it so far and wishing it will only get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment