Saturday, July 24, 2010

Singapore trip: comments and complaints

I do love our little vacation since this was the first time all five of us went out of the country in a while. We did go to Bali last year with my dad's family but this time it was just me, my parents and my brothers. Plus, I feel like I haven't been to Singapore in a long, long time. That's not true since I was there for half a day last year, and a day the year before. But, you know, this time I get to see more things and not just a couple malls. I would love to post pictures but I haven't got them yet. I need to ask for some from my dad. Probably there weren't that many of them anyway, since we only took pictures on the second day when we were at Universal Studios mostly.



We stayed at the new Resorts World at Sentosa Island, specifically the Festive Hotel. The place seemed nice (well, it's new) but the room was very small. They had a little loft thingy tho so I had my own bed up there :D Kinda feel bad for my brothers having to share the small sofa bed; guess that's the advantage for being the only girl!

The hotel is right in front of Universal Studios, where we went on our second day there. I know it's small and some of the rides weren't opened yet. That didn't bother me too much because I only wanted to see how it is there. BUT IT RAINED!! IT FREAKING RAINED!! It started drizzling right before we were leaving the hotel!! We already bought the ticket online so we'd have to go anyway so we did. It was fine for a while because it drizzled and stopped and drizzled and stop.

The place was TINY though! There were 6 'worlds' and you can walk around it just once and that's it. There aren't many rides either! The big roller coasters were the ones that are still closed! =.= Oh well, tried to enjoy it as much as possible... But!! It freaking POURED!! We actually bought ponchos (which cost $2 each -.-) and wore them around... It was very uncomfortable!

There were 3 characters that we got to take pictures with that day: Charlie Chaplin, The Frankenstein and Marilyn Monroe. We first saw Frankie, but no one (except me) wanted to take pictures and the line was long so we decided to skip it. When we were walking though, apparently his shift was done so he was also walking back to...wherever. I was, unknowingly, in their pathway (they had those ropes separating the sidewalk, but who'd know which side is the right side?) and they were passing by. I stepped back to throw something into the trash and accidentally bumped into either Frankie or one of his entourage. I apologized and stepped away but he reached out and grabbed my neck. I, like my family, thought he was choking me jokingly because he was still in character. But it actually kinda hurt!

Oh well... Then we saw Chaplin and my parents wanted to take a pic. So I just jumped in the line with them :D (obviously I was thinking that it was Downey!) When it was my turn he extended his arm so I grabbed it. Should have stood closer to him though, the pic looked kinda awkward :P

We saw Frankie again but it was after it rained and the line was even longer. Also, I looked like crap already! I really wanted to take a pic with Frankie, he'd be pretend-choke me (emphasize 'pretend!') and I would be pointing and laughing at him. It seems funny in my head... Would have been a nice picture! And the character I was looking forward to the most, Woody Woodpecker, wasn't even there! :(

All in all, Universal Studios was an okay experience. Would LOVE to go to the one in Orlando!!

The next day we had the day off our parents! Didn't do much though, me and my brothers just went to Suntec City, ION and Takashimaya. Didn't buy anything either! Dinner was awesome, though: Lawry's! I always love some good steak :D and it was GOOD! Well it's SGD 70-90 a portion so it'd better be good! We found out that if you bring your SQ boarding pass you'd get 25% off..and we left our passports, with our boarding passes in them, at the hotel room's safe. Luckily they were having this Singapore Sale or whatever so we got 15%. Damn, that was good steak!

If I have a complaint, though, it has to be about our flight home! We had to take Lion Air because we couldn't get an SQ flight and other airlines were very expensive. We already know that it was the uncomfortable plane; the seats were tiny and the leg space was even tinier. And they don't give us meals, not even water! The thing is, we had to transit through Jakarta because they didn't have a direct flight. The flight to Jakarta was fine, because Changi is well-organized. The same cannot be said to Soekarno-Hatta! Or maybe it's just Lion Air! We had quite a few hours to kill so we had dinner before going to the gate. We went to the check-in counter even though we already had our boarding passes just to be sure. They told us to go ahead because we're already checked in. When we got to the counter to pay for the airport tax, we told them that we're not supposed to pay because it's a transit, but the guy said that they don't have international transits there -.- we have the boarding pass, dummy!! My dad had to go to the office and talked to some people before getting that stupid stamp saying that we don't have to pay. It got worse! When we were going into the gate, they were checking our boarding passes and since it was different than the ones they issue there. They asked for our previous boarding pass (SIN-CKG) and asked us to go back to the check-in counter to get new passes. My parents refused so they sent one of their staff to go. It took them like 20 minutes in the least and came back with our original boarding passes and let us through! What.the.hell?! Obviously we didn't fake those boarding passes! We even showed the stubs from the previous flight!! Also, the boarding pass said we were supposed to wait at one gate, but when my dad asked the guy he said we could wait at that gate or the other gate. My dad had to ask again before the guy said that the plane was at the other gate, and the people who were already at the boarding pass gate would be asked to move. Dad told me it happens all the time with Lion Air...

Well the trip itself was fun, obviously the disappointment of my Singapore trip came from the Indonesian airline... It just had to be... I really love these vacations with my family :) wish we could do this more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment