Monday, February 23, 2009

The 81st Annual Academy Awards

This year's Oscars were presented just moments ago, and as expected, Slumdog Millionaire was the big winner. They got 8 out of 10 nominations if I'm not mistaken. I should watch this movie and see actually how good it is. Usually Oscar nominated movies are those long, boring, too many words type of movie. But I watched Benjamin Button and it was pretty good (I guess Brad Pitt being there helps A LOT).

Slumdog brought as many of their cast to the show. They brought some of the kids too. They actually went to the red carpet and interviewed by Ryan Seacrest. Some of them don't even speak English! They're soooo adorable!! Some of them aren't even actors, they're actual kids from the slums, having the time of their lives! Looking nice in dresses and tux.

Another expected win, Heath Ledger with the post-humous Oscar. His family came up to accept the award.

I like the way they presented the actor/actress awards, five past winners introduce the current nominees. There are some of them that I just don't know but some of them were funny (thank God!). Hugh Jackman was pretty good as host. Sang, danced, quite funny too!

The Oscars were 3 1/2 - 4 hours long and boring, most of the time, so anyone who comes up with a joke was soooo entertaining for me.

[I don't really know what I'm writing anymore, I guess I'm tired]

Was a little disappointed that Jessica Biel failed to bring Justin to the show! Slim chance, I know, he's not the kind of guy who'd show up as a girl's date to these award shows but I miss seeing him in a nice tux...

No comments:

Post a Comment