Monday, April 7, 2014

The best part about Mondays is Juan Mata's blog posts (and hugs)

Especially after a good game. I've just read the latest post, "May the streak goes on." Mata was in top form against Newcastle over the weekend, scored two goals and provided a beautiful back-heeled assist for Januzaj's goal.

In celebration of his first goal –– a wonderfully placed freekick –– Mata ran over to the bench and hugged De Gea. At first, I thought, well they're both Spanish so it's nice to see that they're friends here at the club. Then, at the post-match interview, he revealed that it was because De Gea had said that Mata would score during the match. In his blog post, he added a tiny bit more detail:
By the way, you may wonder about my celebration with De Gea... The reason is that we had been practising free-kicks the day before and David said I was going to score against Newcastle... because that day I was misfiring all my shots! And so it happened :-)
This guy is just so likable! HUGS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment