Monday, February 3, 2014

2015-2016

I've just finished my third( season on FM14, with United winning the league and, unfortunately, nothing else. I lost to Arsenal on the 4th round of the FA Cup, and to Barcelona on the quarter finals of the Champions League. Honestly, the board's expectations of reaching the finals of both cups, while winning the league, is a bit too much. I've only won the league the past two seasons, so hopefully this will lower their expectations.

In his first season, I would say that new boy Juan Mata has done pretty well. He even ended up with the league's Footballer of the Year award!


The board has given £113 million of transfer budge, which is A LOT of money! I don't really need anyone for my squad right now, but I feel the need to spend it. I'd probably just end up with a bunch of hot prospects again.

The most interesting news this preseason, though, is that David Moyes, whose job I stole, is now manager of Arsenal after Arsene Wenger's retirement. With how real life United is doing right now, this would be interesting to watch. I'm actually happy, thoguh, that Moyes is once again chosen to replace a long-serving manager in the Premier League.


EDIT: Forgot to mention, I've been getting one-year contracts since I started the game, but this time I got a 4-year deal. However, I tried to adjust the board's expectation to "play possession football" but they kept refusing. In the end, I gave in, because I had one week left in my contract and what would FM be without managing United? I'm playing a torrented copy of FM14, so it's not getting the patches through Steam. I heard that the a few patches later, they fixed possession football. For some reason, they're always just okay with my possession play, even though I always get the most possession in matches, and play patient passing football. Whatever. As long as they don't fire me because of it –– which is when I'd rage quit –– I don't really care.

No comments:

Post a Comment