Monday, October 28, 2013

Alex Ferguson: My Autobiography

I pre-ordered a hard copy from Amazon, but it wouldn't be delivered until sometime in December. So, I was excited when my dad told me he got the eBook version that he could email me. I mean, I've paid for a copy; I just want it sooner.

Anyways, I started reading it on Sunday, and the first chapter is him recalling the events surrounding his retirement. It gave me chills reading that; thinking back to his retirement announcement, to his last game in May, almost made me cry. I love the bit about Ryan Giggs teasing that David Moyes had resigned after watching Sir Alex's last game in charge of United, in which a 5-2 lead was turned around to a 5-5 draw by West Ham.

I have yet to continue reading the book, and I am very excited about this. I find it strange that some people think that his book is unnecessarily offensive, when he's just being honest in his opinions. Isn't that what an autobiography is for? I wouldn't be interested if it was just another heavily edited, politically correct book. This is what makes Sir Alex interesting. So he doesn't rate some players as highly as most people; why is that wrong? And why is it wrong for him to express his opinion in his book? Whatever -- I'm just happy I have an interesting journey ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment