Thursday, March 8, 2012

Nerdist podcast

I've been listening to The Nerdist Podcast, mostly at work, for a couple months now and I'm really enjoying it. The comedy podcast is hosted by Chris Hardwick, with the help of Jonah Ray and Matt Mira.

I don't know what it is about them, but I really enjoy listening to them, whether it's just them talking among themselves, or interviewing a guest. Sure an entertaining guest is always great, but even the most boring episode is still a lot of fun.

Usually, the podcast talks about the entertainment business, comedy, old sci-fi and horror films; things that I don't necessarily relate to, but somehow these guys can just pull me in. I do love the fact that I'm learning quite a bit on those topics just from listening to the podcast. I've also become fans of a few really awesome, nerdy people through the podcast.

Chris Hardwick is probably one of the reasons I decided to watch Doctor Who, since he talks about it *a lot*.  Even though I haven't really started listening to the podcast regularly when I started watching the show. Probably from his appearances on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. I may or may not have a tiny little crush on Chris. Especially when he's nerding out over...anything.

I also went to Chris' Comedy Central Special taping in New York a few weeks ago. It was a lot of fun. Probably should have gotten there earlier so we'd get seats on the floor instead of the balcony. I thought it was a good show; a couple misses, but overall highly entertaining. I did recognize at least two of his jokes that were in his podcast.

The podcast was also made into a TV show on BBC America; the pilot of which featured Matt Smith and Craig Ferguson and was aired before I decided to get cable. Still can't find the episode online, unfortunately. But I've watched the other two episodes, and I've loved them! I mean, the Christmas Special had Wil Wheaton, Nathan Fillion, AND David Tennant on it. Can't go wrong with those guys!

So... if you're into comedy, podcast, anything nerdy, give Nerdist a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment